Numerous actors are set to reprise their roles for Kingdom Hearts III, including the entire cast of Frozen.
The Kingdom Hearts franchise has always done a good job at having the original actors reprise their roles. It’ll be no different for Kingdom Hearts III, which has already locked-in quite a sizable cast. The entire cast of Frozen and multiple members of the Tangled and Toy Story cast will reprise their roles:
- Josh Gad as Olaf from Frozen
- Kristen Bell as Anna from Frozen
- Idina Menzel as Elsa from Frozen
- Jonathan Groff as Kristoff from Frozen
- Zachary Levi as Flynn Rider from Tangled
- Donna Murphy as Mother Gothel from Tangled
- John Ratzenberger as Hamm from Toy Story
- Wallace Shawn as Rex from Toy Story
- Tate Donovan as Hercules from Hercules
- Kevin R. McNally as Gibbs from the Pirates of the Caribbean series
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer as Goofy
It is currently unknown if other key cast members, such as Mandy Moore (Rapunzel from Tangled) or Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean) will reprise their roles. The list also lacks any entries from the Monsters Inc and Big Hero 6 worlds.
Square Enix also confirmed that Haley Joel Osment is back as Sora and, presumably, Vanitas. However, they declined to say whether series veterans David Gallagher (Riku), Hayden Panettiere (Kairi/Xion), or Jesse McCartney (Roxas/Ventus) among others are returning, though they are all presumed to be returning (via IMDB). I remains unknown who will replace Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort following the actor’s passing in 2015.
Kingdom Hearts III is out January 29, 2019 on PS4 and Xbox One.